Sunday, April 24, 2011

HRH Non-Mommy, Princess of Non-Mommyhood

This week, my little, cranky, quirky (oh boy, you have no idea!) grandmother comes for a visit.  She is basically all that I have in the world of grandparents.  I am actually pretty close to her, even though she's a little...unique.  You can read about one interesting experience I had with her here, or here, or here.

Anyway, I'm going to spend the day with her on Friday and thought we would watch the Royal Wedding together.  I want to make it into a theme party!  There is nothing I love more than a good theme party.  I was thinking tea and sandwiches, and now I need to find some hats or something that looks rather distinguished.  I think my grandma would look so cute wearing a hat or a hair piece.

I did consider making some sort of feather hair piece or something, but I am NOT crafty.  I need ideas, people!  How can I make something that is fairly cheap and easy, and yet looks like this...


or this (WOOF)...


or this...


or even this?


I'm not opposed to finding some sort of cute, dressy hats but the problem is that finding a hat like something that would be worn to a royal occasion requires money.  I know that I could go the thrift store route, but that just gives me the heeby-jeebies.  Lice, here I come!  I did see some interesting hats online.


Is this some sort of satellite dish?  What is the point of wearing a hat on the front of your head?  And also, Princess Eugenie, you appear to be channeling your inner Mennonite.  I'm confused by this outfit.


This is the kind of hat I wear every day to recess because I won't get sunburned in a hat like this.  You know, being half-albino and all.  Apparently if I glued some feathers on it, and sold it for hundreds of dollars, I could be a fashion trailblazer myself!


Cruella DeVille, Cruella DeVille, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will.  To see her is to take a sudden chill!  Cruella, Cruella DeVille!


Wow.  I don't know if I should do the Mexican hat dance, or use it as a barf bowl, or maybe even as a cistern?


From "My Fair Lady," Come on Dover, come on Dover, come on Dover, move your bloomin' a$$!


So, as you can see, I think that a hair piece would be a much easier thing to deal with.  Help, crafty internet people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...