Monday, January 31, 2011

It's the End of the World As We Know It


We have a big, big storm approaching.  In fact, I've just been placed under my very first BLIZZARD WARNING!!  I'm so excited I can hardly see straight.

I've been in severe ice storms before.  For the most part, I don't understand the panic.  People FREAK OUT when they hear snow is coming and they buy out all of the grocery stores.  With the exception of an ice storm that left me powerless for 8.75 days, there hasn't been a true emergency due to winter weather the entire time that I lived here.

However, those 8.75 days were scarring enough to leave a slight impact, so I went to the grocery store on Sunday to stock up.  While there, I made an interesting observation.  If the end of the world is approaching, the following items are the first things to go:

1.  100 Calorie Packs

2.  chocolate covered pretzels

3.  red wine

4.  Reduced Fat Cheez-Its

I'm not kidding you.  They were completely cleaned out of these items!  Besides the wine, I can't say that any of these items would be on my "must have" list, but to each his own, I guess. 

My sister was wigging out about the weather and I jokingly said "Well, if worse comes to worse, you could always twist hay and burn it as a heat source like Pa and Laura Ingalls."  To which she replied testily, "We don't HAVE a place to burn hay!"

Now, we're officially in a BLIZZARD WARNING and I'm ridiculously excited.  I mean, it's not like I will probably have to go anywhere, so I am anxious to experience a blizzard.  The strong winds, the tall snow stacks...wow.  Something to try at least once in your life. 

And hey, I've got wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...