Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Speechless

In June, I was fortunate to travel to Europe to visit a friend in England.  While on this trip, my friend and I went for a short trip to Barcelona, Spain (which I have blogged about).  It was quite easy to put pictures from the Spain portion of my trip up on my blog, but for some reason, I have just had a hard time blogging about England.

Going to Spain was ok.  It was nice.  It had some great points.  But I secretly found myself longing to go back to England, and was so happy when we finally touched down in the UK.  There is something about me that you need to know.  I don't just like England, I LOVE England.  Love in a crazily deep way.  I don't know what it is about England, but I just feel like I fit in there somehow.  It has its perks and its downsides, but I find it absolutely charming, delightful, and incredible.  This was my third time in England, and I came home even more in love than I could have ever imagined.

I HAD A FANTASTIC TIME.

So much, so, that I have been melancholy ever since.  I haven't had the heart to talk about it and I think about England all of the time.  In my head, I'm constantly trying to figure out how I could afford to go back, and make it work with my friends' schedules.  I mean, how can you not love a country that has adorable kid things like this in their schools?

Photobucket

A country in which you can ride a large ferris wheel called the London Eye and see, from the sky, one of the most famous palaces in the world?

Photobucket

A place in which you can easily walk the route Prince William took to his wedding, and sit in St. James Park and eat a hot dog?

Photobucket

A place in which this teeny, tiny back garden is fairly typical and no one blink an eye?

Photobucket

A place full of history and a deep sense of pride in a monarchy that has lasted hundreds and hundreds of years?

Photobucket

I will try to share some of my pictures with you, but I could never do it justice.  I cannot even begin to choose what pictures to show you, there are so many things that we did and saw.  The trip was not just incredible because of the many sights that we saw, but it was incredible because of the people as well.  Everywhere we went, I found the people to be extremely friendly and outgoing.  I never wanted to speak because they sound so dignified and I sound so...American.  But they managed to overlook that and let me be a part of their fantastic country for a few weeks.

Stay tuned for exciting highlights from my UK journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...