Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Day in the Life With an Autistic


Teacher:  Barney, why are you so upset?

Barney:  [makes explosion noises and waves his fingers around]

Teacher:  Barney, look at my eyes.  Look at me, Barney.  Barney, look at me.

Barney:  [mutters and reluctantly looks at her eyes]  Kaitlyn made me so mad.  I'm so mad.  [more explosion noises]

Teacher:  I can see you are upset.  What is bothering you?  Why are you shouting?

Barney:  Kaitlyn said that Star Wars isn't real!!!!  [more explosion noises and finger waving]

Teacher:  Um...well, Barney, I'm sorry, but Kaitlyn is right.  Star Wars isn't real.

Barney:  WHAT?!  Yes, it's real.  I can't believe it.  [explosion noises]  Grrrr.

Teacher:  I know it's hard to hear that, but it isn't real.  Just because it isn't real doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it.

Barney:  [grumbles/groans/grimaces/mutters]

Teacher:  I need you to take a deep breath and calm down.

Barney:  I can't believe this.  Are you trying to tell me that Transformers isn't real, either?

Teacher:  Um...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...