Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Things We Do for our Students!


Last week, on a day that I didn't have to get up as early in the morning, I curled my hair using a flat iron.  I had been practicing it for some time, but had yet to debut it at school.  It takes me some time, and since I already have to be up by 5 a.m. if I am going to have time to eat breakfast, look pretty, and still get to work on time, curling my hair isn't really an option on a regular basis.

When I came to school, everyone wouldn't stop talking about my hair.  Granted, I did just think the other day (while renewing my passport) "I've had the same basic hair cut for 10 years!" but all the adults and kids in the building were making comments.  With the exception of one boy who said "WHAT did you do to your HAIR?" everyone else was very enthusiastic.  I like to get attention, but not attention for the way I look, so it was bordering on annoying that there were comments everywhere I went.  One little girl was particularly enthusiastic and must have told me 1,000 times that she couldn't stop staring at my hair because it was so pretty.

When I showed up the next day, with straight hair, she looked at me, her face fell, she sighed deeply and said "Oh.  Well, maybe on Monday for our Valentine's Day party you'll wear your hair curly."

So tonight I scramble around, planning to get up EXTRA EARLY just for Marley.  She had better appreciate it!

Do I win the teacher of the year award for doing my hair the way the kids want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...