Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Weird Things We Do

Once, there was a tornado directly headed toward the place where I lived.  Being the calm, rational person that I am, I ran around the house like a chicken with its head cut off, looking for a bra.  I looked all over the house for a bra, when my bras were in my underwear drawer all along.  Panic causes crazy things.

This summer, I was in a decently strong earthquake in San Diego.  I know what to do if one hits, but instead I sat in a rolling chair, rolling around the room, not taking cover.  Again, panic causes your mind to do odd things.

I am absolutely sick about this ongoing tragedy in Japan.  I wish there was something I could do.  These poor people are constantly on my mind.  So I mean this in the kindest way possible, but did anyone else notice anything funny in this grocery store footage as this HUGE earthquake is happening?



Yes, ladies, whatever you do, SAVE THE WINE!  That's right.  Don't run for your life, just hold onto that glass filled shelf of death and ride out the biggest earthquake in your history!

Again, they were panicking.  And I feel guilty for kind of snickering about that, but I did.

Certainly they are all in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...