Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Barthhhhhelona

I am literally packing as we speak, headed off to the great white north. I feel like I just unpacked...oh wait, I did!!  Anyway, I wanted to share some pictures before I left.  I'll keep it brief, because seriously, sometimes looking at other's vacation pictures is as fun as a root canal hahaha.

Here, we have Barcelona!  I was super excited about going there, but then it didn't live up to all the hype I had heard.  It was nice, and in all fairness to Barcelona, we had terrible weather for pretty much the entire time we were there, but overall I found their weirdo time schedule odd, everywhere we went the grates smelled like sewage, and I got kind of tired of ham.  Also, I found it very odd that many of the people I encountered did not speak Spanish!

BUT, I found Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia to be incredible.  I thought it would be tacky and irreverent, but in reality it was incredibly gorgeous and spiritual.  Truly.  Pictures do not do it justice, at all.  In fact, I think that it was the highlight of my entire trip.  I found myself overcome with emotion and in tears over the beauty and meaning in the cathedral.

Enjoy!

Torre Agbar, very close to our hotel
Photobucket

Old Barcelona.  You can see the Mediterranean Sea at the end of each street!


Photobucket


Gaudi's "La Sagrada Familia"


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...