Thursday, July 12, 2012

Look at me!


I worked out next to my doctor today.  This isn't the first time I've seen her at the gym.  I'm not sure she knows who I am, but she must be wondering what the heck is wrong with the sweaty blonde staring at her the whole time.

It's a lot of pressure!  What is she thinking?  Does she think I'm working out hard enough?  Too hard?  Does she want to take my pulse?  Will I get extra credit for running into her at the gym multiple times?

And then the other part of my brain is thinking "Wow, you'd think a doctor would go to a more expensive gym!  Hey, I'm working out longer than her!  And she's not even breaking a sweat like I am!  I wonder what book she's reading?  She's listening to music at the same time, that is weird.  What kind of music does she listen to while reading?"

I have complained so many times about running into my students in public and them staring at me like crazy.  Or wanting to talk about school.  And look at me, I'm all

Look at me!  Look at me!  Aren't you proud?  What are you doing?
Yes, I am pathetic.   Sorry, Dr. Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...