Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Need to Join C.A.

Those of you who know me in real life, please refrain from mentioning who the actual celebrities are so that my location can remain a secret.

I have a problem.  It's a legitimate one.  I go nutso around famous people.  I don't even remotely get it.  I don't.  I don't even have to like them, but then the idea of seeing someone famous gets me all dizzy.  Or, I totally lose it and scream like a loon.  There is a very real chance that I would have reacted like this for the Beatles, against my will.




A very, very famous couple has been here visiting his parents.  You know he's brought a lot of women around over the years.  They ALWAYS come to eat at this one pizza place.  It's small and good.  They also don't take reservations.  So....imagine what I thought when I heard that the pizza joint had mysteriously accepted a reservation for a party of 12 under the name "GOMEZ."  Just hearing that made me go iron a shirt, put on a push up bra, and get the heck to the pizza restaurant!

Is this the famous family?
We got there, and were seated by the magical table for 12.  PERFECT!  We were also seated by the restrooms, and by the back door!  Could this get any better?!  I mean, with small children in their family, someone is going to have to go to the restroom, and of course they will want to come in a back door!  According to one employee, there was definitely a reservation for the "Gomez" family and it was a party of 12.  They never take reservations, but this one had been made.  Also?  They were told that they may have to turn over their cell phones.  CELL PHONES!!!!!  The Gomez party of 12 was looking better and better.

Or maybe this is the famous family?
We ordered food and waited, and waited, and waited.  I practically pulled a muscle because I was madly searching for any sign of the Famous Family.  THEN, at the large empty table next to us, a waitress started to add chairs.  She grabbed a high chair.  I almost wet my pants.  Seriously.  I mean, they are going to need high chairs!  But, sadly, it was not them.  Not at all.

Perhaps this is the family?
Defeated, we finished our meal and left.  The Gomez party of 12 at 6:00 never came.  IT HAD TO HAVE BEEN THEM!!

What about this family?
We sadly went to a nearby frozen yogurt place, hoping they might come in to allow their kids a frozen treat on these cold winter nights.

This family is a possibility as well...
The Famous Family never came in for frozen yogurt.  They didn't go to Target or Kohl's.  And they did not come to my house, either.

Could this be the family?

Epic fail.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a special trip to Rodeo Drive, where upon recognizing Michelle Kwan standing on a corner my two lovely nieces started screaming through the open car window. The best part was when their mother yelled at them...hee hee. I really enjoy your celebrity-mania, it cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...