Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Who Needs eHarmony??


A student of mine, Susie, recently approached another teacher who happens to be single. We'll call her Miss Vavavoom. The other day, Susie came up to Miss Vavavoom and asked her if she could ask a personal question. Miss Vavavoom said she wasn't sure she should ask the question if it was personal. Susie went on to ask "Miss Vavavoom, how long has it been since you went on a date?" Miss Vavavoom did not answer her, and thought nothing more of the exchange. Susie mentioned that her uncle was single, and left.

Today, Susie approached Miss Vavavoom and said "Haven't you graded my history packet yet?!" Miss Vavavoom found that odd and went immediately to look at Susie's papers. Inside, she found the following note:

My uncle, Jimmy Dean
Phone number (555) 867-5309

red brown hair
short
funny
cute
Dog / Fido
Dupelex [sic]
20 something i think
awsome [sic]

SO CALL HIM, SISTER!!!!!!!

All of the teachers found this note hysterical.  We thought it was so cute.  When Susie came to my class, I called her Susie the matchmaker.  She laughed and then said seriously "Well, Miss Vavavoomis never going to do anything.  If I don't do it, it'll never happen!"

This is why I tell my students very little about my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...